Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Chess Cake
This is one of the cakes I did for my fathers birthday, a few weeks ago I found chess icecube forms on the internet and I was sure it would be a perfect match for his cake this year. But sadly it wasn't as easy to realize as I thought, but at least I tried. For the chess pieces I had to mold tons of chocolate and used the icecube forms I mentioned above. To the dark chocolate I added walnuts and to the white one pistachios. For the board I also molded some chocolate filled it in a special form and then cut out the single pieces. But it really wasn't easy to do that. It took me about an hour to realize how to cut the chocolate board without it breaking into a million pieces. The bigger problem was the size of the cake. I had to bake two cakes and since I had no plate this big I put them together on a baking sheet. By the way it's an orange cake with a whipped cream topping. I was a little uncertain about mixing orange and whipped cream but it turned out fine. I think my father really appreciated my intention, at least he shared a picture of it at his facebook page ;) (By the way the whole thing was also REALLY heavy.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment